This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up email on Outlook 2013 for Windows. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary.
For directions for setting up Outlook 2010, see this support article.
1. Select the File menu and choose Info
2. Click the Add Account button.
3. Choose Manual setup or additional server types.
4. Click Next.
5. Choose POP or IMAP (What's the difference?!).
6. Click Next.
Enter your Name as you want it to appear on your outbound email messages.
Enter your email address.
Enter mail.example.com as your Incoming Mail Server. Be sure to substitute "example.com" for your own domain name.
The Outgoing Mail Server is the same as your Incoming Mail Server.
Enter your email address for the User Name.
Enter your email password.
You're almost done. Just a little more nerdy stuff and then we're all set.
1. Click the More Settings button.
2. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
3. Click the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.
4. Make sure that it is using the same settings as your incoming mail server (default).
5. Click the Advanced tab.
6. Click the OK button.
1. Click Next on the E-mail Accounts window.
2. Click the Finish button.
Outlook 2013 is now correctly configured to send and receive emails. If you have any trouble, blame Microsoft, but submit a jHost support ticket and let's see if we can't help you out.